How to get married in Abu Dhabi for Filipino?
The city of Dubai is home to most Filipinos in the UAE, followed by Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. With a staggering number of Filipinos that move to the UAE; it is only normal to find love and decide to get married.
SO WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FROM FILIPINO COUPLES GETTING MARRIED IN ABU DHABI
- NSO Birth Certificate, certified by the DFA (original and 2 photocopies)
- If the copy produced by the NSO is not clear, a transcription copy of the birth certificate is required (original and 2 photocopies)
- 1 original and 2 photocopies of a DFA-authenticated NSO CENOMAR (same with the entries in birth certificate)
- 3 copies of the contracting parties’ passports
- DFA verified Affidavit of Parental Consent for ages 18-21. (original and 2 photocopies)
- Affidavit of Parental Advice verified by DFA for ages 22-25 (original and 2 photocopies)
- 1 copy of the parents’ NSO Death Certificate, which has been authenticated by the DFA (original and 2 photocopies)
- Two Witnesses’ Signed Joint Affidavits three duplicate passports
- 2 passport-size photos of both parties’ personal appearance
- Certificate in Marital Counseling
Apart from the above mentioned documents if you are a annulled, widow, widower then a few more additional prerequisites would be required. It is also important to take into account that only marriage between two Filipino individuals are solemnized at the Philippine Embassy.
Please note: The guidelines of Filipino couples get married in Abu Dhabi are taken from the official embassy of the Philippines for Abu Dhabi; we humble request you to look into this further.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FILIPINO MARRYING OTHER NATONALITIES
Abu Dhabi, just like Dubai is a melting pot of culture which invites people from around the world. And hence its inevitable that two people from different nationalities meet and connect with each.
However let me warn you that getting in married for Filipino nationals Vs one partner is a foreigner is much more tedious with the paperwork. One again we would highly recommend go through the official site on marrying a non-Filipino or a foreigner
IN CONCLUSION TO GETTING MARRIED IN ABU DHABI FOR FILIPINOS
Getting married in foreign country can be a tad bit too overwhelming; however any place in the UAE due to strict laws become a little more difficult.
We would suggest you take the time, go through the official government sites and speak to the embassy and understand these requirements in advance to avoid the last minute running around. After all, it is your wedding day.
If these documents seem mind blogging to understand; our team would be of great assistance. Do let us know when you are planning on getting married and leave the rest to us.