Can UAE expats get married on the same day in Georgia?
The answer is Yes ! At the Public Hall, you can lawfully marry on the same.
Right from Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., the Public Hall is open. It is more convenient to file for marriage at the Public Hall because it can take up to three hours, but you must do so before 1 p.m.
You must appear at the Public Hall to sign your marriage certificate and then submit an apostille translation request. Finally, the embassy or consulate must legalize the documents.
Documents required to get married in Georgia
Here’s a quick rundown of the administrative documents you’ll need to be married in Georgia
- Identity documents of those planning to marry, notarized and translated into Georgian
- If you’ve been married before, you’ll need a valid apostilled original copy of your marriage certificate or a divorce certificate.
- Couples seeking to marry must submit a joint written application.
- In the case of a second marriage, a document declaring the dissolution of the previous marriage, authorized and apostilled by two witnesses
- If foreigners, their identification documents with a notarized Georgian translation
- Foreign citizens must produce documentation proving their legal right to stay in Georgia.
- If a representative of a person planning to marry submits an application, documentation verifying the representative’s power of representation and identity are required.
In conclusion to getting married in Georgia on the same day
In today’s world, most couples have highly hectic schedules. Other personal circumstances may also require couples to make fast decisions, and want to marry in one day.
The important thing to remember is that it is possible to marry on the same day. However, without the assistance of a local wedding team, this is quite difficult. A wedding expert firm will assist you in putting together your documents, notarize them, submit them to the public hall, and ensure that everything is in order for you.
On your wedding day, all you have to do is show up with your partner, sign the paperwork, and enjoy the rest of the day basking in the Georgia weather.
Are you a UAE expat, looking to get married on the same day in Georgia. Do let us know; and allow us to help you get married without too much stress.