What Do You Need to Know Before Getting Married in the UAE?
The wedding certificate is the bond between a woman and a man that allows you to live in the UAE without any worries. Because of the economic boom of the UAE, countless foreigners come here to make their living. The religion that UAE follows is Islam that values marriage a lot and safeguards the rights of the couple. That’s why it’s very important to marry if you want to live in the UAE as a couple. However, the UAE’s new law issuance has changed the landscape of living together but not much. You still need to have a legit wedding certificate if you want to live as a proper family or want to acquire sponsorship. Here are all the requirements and important Information that you need to know.
Things You Need to Know Before Getting Married in the UAE
Many people think that marrying in the UAE is impossible, but that’s not actually the case. It is perfectly possible if you prepare yourself better, however, it’s a little lengthy process. In order to make things easy for you, we have come up with all the important things that you need to know to get married in the UAE.
Keep in mind that the process is a bit lengthy and it can cost you two to three months and a chunk of your savings. That’s because it requires a long list of the documents that you require. But there is a brighter side that you don’t need to travel anywhere by spending much money and time. Moreover, you can continue with your daily routine and job while getting all the things ready with time.
Most Important Points You Need to Know Before Getting Married in the UAE
- Both man and woman must be above 18 years.
- It’s comparatively very easy to marry in the UAE if both woman and man are from the same religion.
- If a man is Muslim, he can marry a woman from another religion.
- If a woman is Muslim, she can’t marry a man from any other religion regardless of the nationalities. In such a case, the man will have to convert to Islam.
- The laws of the couple’s origin country will be applicable if both the man and woman are Non-Muslim. In such a case, one of the spouses will need a valid residency visa.
- Depending upon your nationality, you might be needing two male witnesses.
- The couple who wants to marry under the concepts mentioned above also need to have fully attested singleness certificate by their home country and by the UAE authorities
- You also need to possess a premarital certificate showing the negative results of diseases such as thalassemia and HIV/AIDS.
- All the documents must be authorized and passed by the prevalent authorities.
These are some of the most critical Requirements and Important Information that you need to know before marrying in the UAE. We hope it’ll help you to make the whole process as easy as possible.
If you are a couple who want to get married in the UAE, or if you know someone, let us know in the comment section below. We’ll get in touch with you in the least possible time.