What are the papers required to get married in Georgia for Dubai expats
If you are living in Dubai; you might have figured out by now; that getting married here is not easiest. This is true, especially for those couples who belong to different nationalities and religion.
If signing the necessary documents and becoming legally husband and wife is the main motive; then Georgia is the place for you to get married. Getting married in this country is quick and affordable. In just about a day you would be pronounced man and wife. And that too without the hassle of going through a lot of paperwork
This article primarily focusses on the papers required to get married for the Georgia marriage process.
Why get married in Georgia
When you decide to get married; most couples lost for a seamless wedding. Getting married in Georgia means you staying away from religious and political obstacles which otherwise might ruin your big day. A couple might choose to get married in catholic church, an orthodox one or simply in a mosque. Plus the locals here are more than happy to welcome their guests that come for diverse backgrounds.
Moreover; getting to Georgia is quite easy from Dubai. The prices for a round trip could range from 1000AED onwards. The duration of the flight is about 3 hours from any of the GCC countries and plus most residents do not need to apply for a visa to come to Georgia. Right from the price of ceremony, dinner and various activities would cost a lot less in comparison to Dubai.
Documents required to get married
The legal checklist of papers required to marry in Georgia.
- Identity documents of people planning to marry, notarized and translated into Georgian;
- If you’ve been married before, you’ll need a valid apostilled original copy of your marriage certificate or a divorce certificate.
- Persons intending to marry must submit a joint written application.
- In the case of a second marriage, a legalised and apostilled document certifying the termination of the previous marriage;
- 2 witnesses, and if foreigners, their identification documents with a notarized Georgian translation;
- A document proving the legal basis for a foreign citizen’s stay in Georgia is required.
- If a representative of a person planning to marry submits an application, documents certifying the representative’s power of representation and identity are required.
In conclusion to getting married in Georgia
Putting the papers together might be the hard part however marrying the person you love makes it all worth the efforts. If you are financially on a tight budget; we often advise our couples to get married in Georgia; however if getting married in Dubai is what you’ve set your mind on. Our team can assist your documents together.
If you are getting married soon and confused about the papers required to get married in either of these countries; do not hesitate to book a consultation with out team of experts.